Data security and protection
The security and protection of your data and your clients’ data is our priority.
Access to the e-filing platform requires a two stage gateway involving user name and password is required.
It is important for users to recognise, accept and actively play their part in ensuring the data uploaded to the e-filing site is as secure as we can make it. Some simple, easy ways to help us protect your data are:
· Ensure the same password is not employed in multiple contexts as this will reduce the security of the data
· Do not email passwords
· Passwords should be strong in formation i.e. at least 7 characters comprising a mixture of upper case and lower case letters, symbols and numbers.
· Use anti-virus software and update it regularly.
· Download and store the documents served by the other parties.
· Never give your password to anyone else.
The data centres we use have the following features:
· The servers are regularly updated with security patches and fixes.
· The e-filing Platform itself is written in terms that follow best practice for validating user input and protecting the database.
· The servers sit behind firewalls and intrusion prevention systems which protect from internet based perimeter attacks.
· The security of the Platform is under constant review in the light of reported hacks of well- known organisations.
· No payment details are stored on the Platform.
· Passwords are kept in an encrypted form on the database.
· All data sent to and from the Platform including log on details are sent via SSL (encryption).
· On site staffing 24 hours a day.
· Multi-layered physical security.
· CCTV surveillance and recording.
· Are situated in South East England and enable site resilience for core services.
· All backup data is transmitted between the data centres’ sites via a military grade (AES-256) encryption key. It is then stored in UK data centres with this encryption.
· Environmental controls.
· Power resilience using multiple connections to the National Grid.
· Non-redundant capacity components (single up-link and servers) physically available on site.
· Redundant capacity components are physically available on site.
· Equipped with on-site generators with UPS and battery systems for transparent fail-over.
· Fire threat detection and suppression.
· Water leak detection.
· Multiple up-links in place.
· All components are fully fault-tolerant including the up-links, storage facilities, chillers, HVAC systems and servers.
· Tier 3, ISO 27001, ISO 9001 and PCI DSS 3.0 compliant.
These measures enable our data centres to guarantee the availability of data from the hardware for 99% of operational time.
In addition to the strong security available at the data centres each platform provides robust security by itself:
Encryption in contrast to other systems such as Outlook, any emails/attachments/embedded images sent via an eARB platform use 3DES encryption as a minimum together with additional encryption measures making web communications secure.
Please read our user terms.
PIcArbs is the trading name of PI Claim Arbitration Service Ltd, company reg number: 8940629,
registered office: 59/60 Grosvenor Street, Mayfair, London W1K 3HZ, Copyright PIcArbs Ltd 2019